Z365R ZTRAK MOWER
ZTrak™ Mower with 48-in. Deck
Apply For Financing
View Product Brochure
Get superior performance and reliability with a large 44.2-cu in. (724-cc) displacement engine that has many premium features:
- Easy inspection and removal of any debris that may have collected using two large cleanout ports that are integrated into the engine shroud over the cylinder heads.
- Engine service times, reliability, and life are increased with the use of premium engine oil and air filtering systems.
- Plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions with the 24-hp (17.9-kW) V-twin engine:
- Greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality from the V-twin cylinder design
- Fast starts with electronic ignition
- Long engine life with cast-iron cylinder liners
- Excellent power and fuel economy with overhead valves
- Reliable operation with in-line fuel filter
- Easy access to important service points
- Additional strength and integrity provided by rear engine guard
- Changing the engine oil is easy, quick, and clean with the John Deere Easy Change™ 30-second oil change system.
The Z365R engine has extended life series (ELS) features for enhanced performance and longer life.
John Deere recommends the use of fuel stabilizer in gasoline. See Fuel-Protect for gasoline engines (8 oz [237 mL]) for more information
The John Deere Easy Change 30-second oil change system makes changing the engine oil easy, quick, and clean by simply twisting on a new oil-filled filter. Oil does not need to be drained from the engine. The John Deere Easy Change filter is an additional engine oil reservoir. Changing the filter removes the captured contaminants and replaces about 0.8 qt (0.76 L) of the engine oil. This system provides several meaningful benefits over the traditional oil filter system of the 100 Series:
- A synthetic filter material is used for more predictable filtering and longer life.
- Filtering capacity is greater than with a standard oil filter.
- More filter surface area
- More oil flow capacity
- The system has 40 percent more oil volume.
- The oil and engine run cooler.
- The oil filter valve closes whenever the engine stops, so filtered particles are captured and cannot drain back into the engine.
- The risk of spilling during oil service is greatly reduced.
- Waste oil (and new oil production) is reduced by over 1,000,000 lb (453,592.4 kg) per tractor production year.
- This system is not a compromise to just make oil changes easier—these engines pass the same expectations and rigorous testing as always.
Partly due to these improvements, it is not necessary to remove and dispose of all the oil in the engine during service.
Everyone who uses the John Deere Easy Change system saves time and avoids the mess of a traditional oil change. In the past, many 100 Series Lawn Tractor owners rarely or never got around to changing their engine oil. With John Deere Easy Change, even owners who previously would not consider changing the oil themselves can easily do it. The Easy Change 30-second oil change system is a no-mess, no-fuss solution the competition cannot match.
Installation instructions are in the Operator’s Manual and in the John Deere Easy Change service part box.
Please recycle. Many local government recycling programs, authorized retailers, auto-service centers, and auto-parts stores will puncture and recycle used oil filters and oil.
The Z365R and Z375R have full-featured engines with extended life series (ELS) features that are engineered to deliver world-class endurance and power. A step above the competition, it is designed to be more dependable and longer lasting, saving time and money over the long run. They are built to exceed demanding needs by incorporating premium features and innovative designs:
- Overhead valve (OHV) design for cooler operation and longer valve life
- Contains an advanced debris management system that directs cooling air through the rotating screen to the air cleaner compartment, where large debris is pre-filtered through ejector slots
- Keeps unfiltered air out of the engine through a large, dual-sealed, premium oval-shaped cartridge-style filter
- Ensures maximum protection for extended engine life with the premium air cleaner, a pleated paper filter with a foam precleaner
- Captures fine particles for maximum protection and extended maintenance
- Provides maximum protection with full-pressure lubrication system
- Pumps oil by a mechanical gerotor-style pump to all critical engine components
- Enhances the system through a premium automotive-style spin-on oil filter, which removes over 95 percent of oil contaminates
- A premium bearing package for improved durability; includes a super-finished crank pin bearing with a 50 percent smoother surface to increase load capacity by 35 percent
- Uses a premium DU Teflon®-coated bearing
- Helps resist wear and increases durability through self-lubricating bronze bearing
- Wear-resistant chrome-plated valve stems for long-life valves
- 44 percent smoother for longer life
- Cast-iron cylinder sleeve for extended life
- Dependable float-feed type carburetor with integral fuel pump
- High-capacity fuel filter for dependable operation
- Maintenance-free electronic ignition for quick, dependable starts
- Platinum spark plugs for extended life
Teflon is a trademark of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.
The 48-in. (122-cm) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a stamped-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds:
- 4.5-in. (11.4-cm) deep throughout the entire deck shell for optimum mowing, mulching, and bagging performance
- Optional MulchControl attachment provides superior mulching performance and versatility.
- Stamped-steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and diminish mowing performance
- Mower deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and level cut
- Adjustable mower wheels, positioned just above ground level, help smooth out the mowing job
Excellent cut quality
Deep mower-deck stamping gives excellent cut quality. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck without getting recut:
- Reducing the amount of re-cutting enables more power to be used to cut incoming grass, which greatly improves mower capacity.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at faster mowing speeds
- Clean flow of material out of discharge area prevents cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass, making it possible for the blades to cut incoming material cleanly.
- Even in mulching mode, cut evenness is improved compared to other designs because the additional depth allows for continuous circulation, optimal re-cutting, and an even distribution of clippings.
Productivity - getting the job done fast
Deep mower-deck stamping gives high productivity, which gets the job done fast. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck quickly, reducing the amount of recutting so more power is available to process incoming grass:
- Greatly improves mowers capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance in difficult mowing conditions and at higher speeds
Large discharge opening is both high and wide to handle more material:
- Gives a smooth, even discharge of clippings at all mowing speeds
- Reduces the chance of plugging, especially important when operating in wet, thick, or dense grass and when bagging
Cleanliness - for the mower and the operator
The flat-top shape of the deck stamping is optimal for keeping itself and the operator clean:
- There are few places to catch and hold material on top and underneath the deck.
- Top of deck stays cleaner, reducing time and effort needed for cleaning and service
- Underside of deck is self-cleaning to maintain optimum performance without buildup of material to interfere with the flow of air and clippings
- Less need to clean and remove buildup of material from underside deck
- The depth of the Accel Deep Mower Deck minimizes the amount of material that escapes from the front of the deck
- Limited amount of material to drift onto the operator and mower deck
- Even for material discharged out the chute, less recutting results in larger pieces that are less likely to end up on the operator
- Mulching prevents the discharge of material completely and the MulchControl attachment makes mulching a practical solution for most mowing situations.
Cleaning a mower deck, both top and bottom, is one of the most frequent maintenance activities:
- The flat-top design reduces places for material to build up and makes material that does collect easy to remove.
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy.
- Hose connector is included with the mower deck.
How MulchControl works
MulchControl is an innovative, simple design that is easy to use and maintain:
- The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
- The MulchControl baffle, or divider, between the left and middle spindles is about halfway down. The height is designed to balance the mulching and side-discharge modes.
Superior durability is designed in
The 48A Mower Deck has strong spindle pockets, to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough service:
- Ribs in the deck shell add strength where it is needed.
- The 48A has a 23 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge™ Xtra 48-in. (122-cm) Mower Deck used on previous machines.
Mower wheels are double captured:
- Provides greater strength and durability for longer, trouble-free life.
- Single-bolt adjustment makes setting wheels to the correct height for the cutting height quick and easy.
Low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on engine lower bearings and mower deck bearings for longer life.
The 48A Mower Deck features a 5/8-in. (16-mm) diameter solid-steel rod side bumper that provides extra strength and protection.
Dual-stage E-coat and powder-paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
Versatility - easy to change between side discharge, mulch, and bagging modes
The 48A Mower is designed for maximum versatility, providing the greatest ease in changing from one mower discharge mode to another:
- When the optional MulchControl attachment is installed (along with the special mulching blades), changing from side-discharge to mulching or vice versa is done with the simple flip of a lever.
Lever-action MulchControl standard equipment on the Z365R
The MulchControl system included with the Z365R 48-in. (122-cm) Mower Deck makes mulching more practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect the lawn material. Advantages of mulching grass clippings include:
- A beautiful looking lawn
- Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
- Less fertilizer use
- Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
- The MulchControl handle is located on top of the mower deck and used to open and close the discharge baffle.
- The operator is required to get off the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
- Changing from mulching to side discharge or vice versa takes only a few seconds.
MulchControl is well-suited to the following mowing situations:
- Usually mulch, but side discharge when grass gets too long
- Usually side-discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
- Always mulch a main lawn, but often side discharge secondary lawns
- Bag clippings, but want to go farther before emptying bags
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. The operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side discharge or bagging when needed.
While in the side-discharge mode, MulchControl will still mulch about one-third of the material. Therefore, the side-discharge mode is essentially a partial-mulch mode. This can be an advantage when side discharging or bagging, as it helps to reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
- When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
- When optimum bagging and lawn clean-up is desired
NOTE: A rear bagger is not available for ZTrak Z355E, Z355R, or Z365R.
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience when operating all controls:
Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
Controls are color coded for easy identification.
Low-fuel warning light is easily visible in daylight.
Twin-lever controls adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
A shock absorber dampens motion control lever movement to give smooth operation.
Comfortable seats make the operator experience more pleasant. Armrests included on the Z345R, Z355R, and Z375R seat can be flipped up out of the way, if desired:
Z345R, Z355R, and Z375R – 18-in. (46-cm) high seat back with adjustable armrests
Two steel coil suspension springs under the seat absorb shocks when traveling over rougher areas to provide a smoother ride.
The seat has a 2.5-in. (6.35-cm) fore-aft adjustment. The cut-height pin/socket can be used to loosen the bolts in order to make seat adjustments.
Cup holder and storage compartments
The cup holder is designed to hold two common cup sizes securely.
Covered storage under the seat and open storage along the left side of the vehicle provide safe and secure places for the operator to keep safety equipment, a cell phone, etc.
Operator foot platform
Large foot platform helps the operator remain comfortable and secure:
- Volcano grips give a secure grip.
- Raised footrests at the front of the platform provide a comfortable area for the operator's feet.
A convenient service interval decal provides basic maintenance information. It provides a quick reference for keeping recommended service up to date.
Mower deck access
The footrest area is hinged and easily raised for service to mower deck:
- It is necessary to remove just one bolt that can be conveniently removed with the lift-height pin.
Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
Provides convenient access to the mower drive
The engines are easy to service, including changing the oil and the oil filter and servicing the air filter.
The Z365R engine has the John Deere Easy Change™ 30-second oil change system.
Accel Deep™ Mower Decks have several features that make them easy to service:
- Flat-top design minimizes places for debris to collect.
- Spring-loaded, flip-up belt guards make removing debris easy.
- Provision is provided for a standard, 3/8-in. (9.5-mm) ratchet wrench to be used for releasing belt tension when removing the drive belt.
Tie-down locations are provided for convenience and safety when trailering the machine.
The motion-control levers can be adjusted to two height settings and nine fore-aft settings for a total of 18 different positions:
Increased operator comfort
Adjustable for more precise control of the machine
A standard shock absorber for the motion-control levers makes maneuvering ZTrak™ Mowers easy and comfortable:
Shock absorber modulates the movement of control levers for smoother operation.
Operator can smoothly and precisely control the machine.
On-board tracking adjustment from the operator seat is quick and easy. The cut-height pin includes a 13-mm wrench and doubles as a convenient tool for adjusting tracking and the motion-control lever position.
The operator control panel is conveniently located and easy to use. The following instruments and controls are included:
- Hour meter
- Low fuel warning light
- Ignition switch
- Power take-off (PTO) control
- Engine speed/choke control
- A choke position is built into the engine speed control.
The park brake is conveniently located:
- Large lever is easy to use.
- Lever is color-coded for easy identification.
- Park brake effectively holds the machine in the parked position.
- Park brake must be engaged (in the upper position) to start the engine.
- Once the engine is started, the park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers.
Mower deck lift/cut-height adjustment
- Mower deck cutting height adjusts from 1 in. (2.5 cm) to 4 in. (10.2 cm) in 0.25-in. (0.64-cm) increments for excellent cut quality and performance.
- Mower deck adjustment has built-in memory so the operator can easily return to the desired cutting height after raising the deck.
The Z345R, Z355R, Z365R, and Z375R include a foot-lift pedal along with the hand-lift lever to make raising the mower deck easier. The foot-lift pedal also provides a convenient way to temporarily raise the mower deck over an obstruction while mowing.
Heavy-duty power take-off (PTO) clutch
The PTO clutch is designed to operate through many on/off cycles.
CAUTION: Children or bystanders may be injured by rotating blades. Before traveling forward or rearward:
- Carefully check the area around the machine.
- Disengage the mower before backing up.
NOTE: Operating the mower while backing up is strongly discouraged.
A switch senses if the hopper is installed. If the hopper is not installed and the PTO switch is actuated, the PTO will not operate.
A brake interlock switch is provided so the tractor will not start unless the brake is depressed or the parking brake set.
A tractor seat switch will turn off the PTO if the operator leaves the tractor seat; it will also shut-down the engine if the park brake is not set and the operator leaves the seat.
Either the operator needs to be in the seat or the hopper or deflector installed for the engine to run.
Steering is easy with large diameter front caster wheels
Motion-control levers are designed for comfortable and easy operation.
A shock absorber is included to dampen the movement of the control levers so any operator can make smooth, controlled turns.
Pneumatic caster wheels give a smoother ride and easier steering:
- Large diameter front caster wheels provide extra ride comfort and better steering control.
- Caster wheels have sealed bearings for long life and easy steering.
- Tires are sized for the size and weight of the vehicle.
|ZTrak™ model||Caster wheel tire size|
|Z335E, Z345M, Z345R||11x4.0-5|
|Z355E, Z355R, Z365R, Z375R||13x5.0-6|
Controls are designed to promote safe operation
- Park brake must be engaged for the engine to crank.
- Motion-control levers must be in the outward position for the engine to crank.
- Premium control levers on the Z345R, Z355R, Z365R, and Z375R are painted green and have a unique shape and size for more comfortable operation.
- Park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers or the engine will stall.
- Seat interlock switch disengages the mower when the operator leaves the seat.
- Engine will stall if the operator leaves the seat without the motion-control levers in the outward position and the park brake set.
ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits:
Better slope performance
More operator comfort over uneven ground
The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use:
- Easy to get on and off the mower
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Adjustable motion-control levers for height and position, enabling the operator to stay comfortable while using them
- Color-coded and logically placed controls
Styling is both functional and attractive
The styling of ZTrak Mowers is functional and attractive to appeal to residential owners who value product appearance and the easy, comfortable operation that comes with thoughtful control designs:
Color-coded controls are not only attractive, but easy to find and use.
Large foot platform, surrounded by frame rails, has a safe and inviting appearance and provides easy access for the operator.
Contoured shape of the fenders provides improved visibility to the drive tires, minimizes storage space required, and adds to the stylish appearance of the vehicle.
Heavy-duty welded steel frame for reliability and long life
The ZTrak frame includes 1- x 1.5-in. (2.5- x 3.8-cm) steel tubing for long-term durability:
Heavy-duty frame tubing provides a solid support.
Reinforced frame offers additional strength where needed.
Dual transmissions efficiently power the ZTrak™ mower forward and reverse and give steering capability:
- Transmissions are set low in the vehicle for excellent hillside stability.
Hydro-Gear® transmissions are reliable and durable.
- Beefed-up 1-in. (2.5-cm) axles for greater strength
- Maintenance-free unitized transmissions are sealed and have no hose connections to leak hydraulic fluid.
Four-bolt hubs provide a reliable and convenient wheel-mounting system.
Tow-valve controls are provided for each transmission and located above the vehicle frame on either side of the engine:
- Easy to reach and use
- Allow the vehicle to be moved without the engine running
Hydro-Gear is a trademark of Hydro-Gear, a joint venture of Sauer-Danfoss and Agri-Fab. Sauer-Danfoss is a trademark of Sauer-Danfoss Incorporated. Agri-Fab is a trademark of Agri-Fab Incorporated.
The fuel tank holds 2.1 U.S. gal. (8 L) of fuel. It is located low on the left side of the machine:
- Fuel-fill opening is located low and angled for easy refueling.
- Large, 2-in. (5.1-cm) fuel-fill opening reduces the chance of spilling when adding fuel.
- Cap is tethered to the fuel tank.
- Less chance of fuel cap getting lost
The low fuel warning light is clearly visible in daylight.
Compare the specifications of up to 4 models
Offers and Discounts
No Interest if Paid in Full within 9 Months1
on New John Deere Z300 Series ZTrak™ Zero-Turn Mowers
- No Interest if Paid in Full within 9 Months1 OR
- 4.9% APR fixed rate for 60 months2
- Offers available 03 May 2022 through 02 August 2022
1Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 03 May 2022 to 02 August 2022. Subject to approved credit on a Revolving Plan account, a service of John Deere Financial, f.s.b. For consumer use only. No down payment required. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date at 17.90% APR if the purchase balance is not paid in full within 9 months or if your account is otherwise in default. Available at participating U.S. dealers. Prices and models may vary by dealer. Offer available on new equipment and in the U.S. only. Prices and savings in U.S. dollars
2Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 03 May 2022 to 02 August 2022. Subject to approved credit on a Revolving Plan account, a service of John Deere Financial, f.s.b. For consumer use only. No down payment required. 4.9% APR is for 60 months only, regular Revolving Plan rates will apply after that. The regular Revolving Plan rate, which varies over time, is currently 18.5% APR. Available at participating U.S. dealers. Prices and models may vary by dealer. Offer available on new equipment and in the U.S. only. Prices and savings in U.S. dollars.
Accessories and Attachments
© 2022 Valley Plains Equipment LLC - Powered By